Welcome to Immigration NewsThis site will have frequent short updates, lots of links, and some longer analysis. If you like it, please subscribe. You can view my other blogs at maryturck.com
- Locking up more immigrants and other immigration news – October 20, 2017 October 20, 2017
- Good news, bad news in St. Cloud, and other immigration articles – October 19, 2017 October 19, 2017
- More anti-immigrant moves by Trump administration and other immigration news – October 18, 2017 October 18, 2017
- Challenging Travel Ban 3.0 and other immigration news – October 17, 2017 October 17, 2017
- Immigration on television and other immigration articles – October 16, 2017 October 16, 2017
And in other blogs …
I also write about other political topics in my News Day blog and publish some of my poetry and other meanderings in Fragments.
Monthly Archives: November 2016
Paola came to the United States from Mexico as a two-year-old. She’s 23 now. Jose was a child when his parents brought him here. Now he’s 30. Danna came when she was eight. Now she’s a 24-year-old college senior. Kenia … Continue reading
Register Muslims? Been there, done that. Yeah – for real. All you Facebook friends proclaiming that when the government requires registration of Muslims, you’ll go register, here’s the news flash from 2002.
Fleeing sex slavery should be grounds for refugee status, right? Not for girls from Honduras and El Salvador, whose plight is largely ignored by immigration bureaucracies in the United States and Mexico. Many get caught in Mexico, trying to make … Continue reading
The anti-immigrant drumbeat that permeated the presidential campaign continues after the election, with Trump pledging to deport criminals. But wait a minute: are immigrants really a danger to the nation? The numbers show that immigrants, including undocumented immigrants, are … Continue reading
A personal note: Time to start writing about immigration news again. I’m finding it hard to write about news these days, or even to read the news. Still, I know we need to pay attention, painful as that is. Immigration … Continue reading