Welcome to Immigration NewsThis site will have frequent short updates, lots of links, and some longer analysis. If you like it, please subscribe. You can view my other blogs at maryturck.com
- Minnesota Immigration News: Dinner Parties to Detainees June 17, 2019
- Shelters, Prisons, Concentration Camps: Where Does the United States Put Migrants? June 14, 2019
- ‘If we don’t stand up for children, then we don’t stand for much.’ June 12, 2019
- Crisis in the Hemisphere Is Driving Migration June 10, 2019
- U.S. Asylum Policy: Deporting to Danger and Death June 8, 2019
And in other blogs …
I also write about other political topics in my News Day blog and publish some of my poetry and other meanderings in Fragments.
Monthly Archives: March 2016
David Wilson and Jane Guskin explain what’s wrong with the mainstream immigration debate, including the Sanders/Clinton pseudo-discussion in their March 9 debate: “The media and the politicians treat the migration either as a natural disaster (‘flooding over the border’) or … Continue reading
French authorities cleared a Calais refugee camp called “the jungle” this week — and the refugees displaced from the squalid camp scattered to set up even less secure camps nearby. But what did the French government expect? The refugees in … Continue reading
This week, the already-terrible refugee crisis in Europe got worse, as Turkey and the E.U. reached an agreement that severely restricts refugee movement, and Balkan nations closed borders, leaving refugees stranded in makeshift camps.